An appointment to a leadership position is not just the end of a recruitment process. It is also the start of a new career challenge which requires quick delivery of results. Whether an internal or external appointment, it is often considered that the first 90 days are crucial in setting the scene and tone for the future.
The First 90 Days coaching programme, part of our leadership development services, is tailored to each unique situation, ensuring a smooth transition and the early delivery of results. This is done through supporting the leader to:
- Establish effective working relationships with key internal colleagues, external stakeholders and decision makers
- Build a High Performing Team
- Initiate and Manage Change
- Raise Individual, Team and Organisational Performance
The programme provides a flexible package of support tailored to both the individual needs of the appointee and the needs of the organisation. Designed to operate for around 3 months from the start of the appointment, it typically consists of one, or both, of the following:
The First 90 Days coaching programme typically include a number of individual coaching sessions with the leader. These sessions will be used to:
- Raise self-awareness of his/her operating and leadership styles, and the potential impact of these on others. This will use a selection of psychometric instruments and personality questionnaires
- Identify the strategies that are most likely to have high impact in the new role, with a focus on a small number of key actions
- Measure the leader’s progress in flexing their style to meet the needs of new colleagues and the organisation
- Provide inputs, as appropriate on key Behavioural, Skill and Knowledge areas
How can we help with your project?
Team Development & Coaching
A key element in ensuring speedy delivery of results in a new role is the need to develop a High Performing Team as soon as possible. This is the focus of the second element of the First 90 days coaching programme and typically includes individual and/or group sessions with members of the leader’s team to:
- Identify their views on the core issues for the team, especially those factors most likely to enable or block enhanced performance
- A facilitated Team Development event, designed to:
- Identify and consider the implications of the Team Profile
- Discuss the features of High Performing Teams
- Confirm the Team’s strategy for success
- Identify actions and measures of progress (both team & individual) to enable success
- Ongoing support to enhance Team Performance and also enable individuals to fulfil their role and maximise their contribution
Summary of the First 90 Days Programme and Benefits
The First 90 Days coaching programme recognises that:
- the leadership & performance style used in the first 3 months of a new post are critical in determining the impact and success in the role
- support from an experienced leader with expertise in assessment, who can offer independent views in a confidential setting, is often not available within organisations
- the need to take time to meet key people and understand the organisation (its structure, policies, interpersonal complexities) can often slow down the delivery of results – this programme ensures that a strong focus remains on ensuring Personal Impact throughout this period
- The programme is totally flexible and therefore tailored to the needs of the new leader and the organisation’s specific goals and challenges
This programme is not restricted to people who are recruited through bfpeople. Any employer – or any individual – can engage us to work with them. If you recognise the importance of making a quick impact in a new appointment click the button below to get in touch.
Are you ready to get in touch?
Click a button to start the conversation